As part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network, I am being compensated by Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads to help spread awareness about Smucker’s Naturals and their “Spread A Little Sunshine” campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
Red Tart Cherry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Orange Marmalade, Red Raspberry, and Concord Grape Fruit Spreads; Oh the possibilities for delicious snacks, treats and meals. Getting in the kitchen and whipping up something tasty for people I love and care about is something that makes me happy, but can also spread a little sunshine to others. Food is a necessity, obviously, but I believe it can also bring comfort to those who are sick, thoughtfulness to those who are hurting, congratulations to those who are celebrating, and so much more. Smucker’s wants to know how YOU spread a little sunshine, with their Spread A Little Sunshine sweepstakes.
Because one of the ways I spread sunshine is through baking and cooking for others, I thought I’d use some of the new Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads flavors to create these easy Blackberry Popovers. The spreads are a delicious way to add fruit flavor to any meal or snack. I cannot stress enough how much I love that they are Non-GMO and come from natural sources. You can grab my yummy recipe below, but you can also try the fruit spreads in the following variety of ways:
- Creamy Grape Feta Cheese Dip – Mix Smucker’s Natural Concord Grape Fruit Spread with feta cheese, cream cheese, a pinch of garlic and dried oregano for a sweet yet salty dip.
- Instant Raspberry Cheesecake – Spread cream cheese on a graham cracker, top with Smucker’s Natural Red Raspberry Fruit Spread, and add a few slivered almonds on top.
- Boston Bib Lettuce Cups – Combine coleslaw, peanuts and red peppers in a bowl with Smucker’s Natural Orange Marmalade Fruit Spread, vinegar and pepper. Top on bib lettuce for sweet and tangy lettuce wraps.
Now let’s see how you “Spread A Little Sunshine” when you enter for a chance to win one of 50 prizes or $10,000 toward a sunshiny kitchen makeover! You can enter by simply uploading an eligible photo of how you make someone’s day brighter, via an entry form on:
- Smucker’s Facebook page
- Or use the #SpreadALittleSunshine hashtag via Twitter or Instagram
The Spread A Little Sunshine promotion will run from September 17 through October 15 at 9:59:59 ET. For additional information and complete Official Rules please visit: http://tweegg.fr/2HHIN.
Now for those Blackberry Popovers…..
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6-12 tsp Smucker's Naturals Blackberry Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, and zest. Add to the egg mixture and stir until just combined.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then brush into the cups of a popover pan or muffin pan.The use of baking cups is okay.
- Place pan in the oven while the oven finishes preheating, to keep butter warm while you prepare batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup to about 2/3 full. Spoon 1 tsp of blackberry fruit spread (or any other flavor) into the center of each cup.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.