As a member of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network, I am being compensated by MIRACLE WHIP for my participation in this campaign. All opinions expressed are my own.
Growing up, I recall that every birthday my dad would ask for his favorite cake – a chocolate mayonnaise cake. The thought of it kind of grossed me out until I had the first bite, then I was sold. Now that I’m an ambassador for MIRACLE WHIP, I thought I’d give the tried and true birthday cake a whirl with MIRACLE WHIP, especially since my dad’s birthday is coming up quickly. The beauty of using MIRACLE WHIP and a few additional ingredients is that you end up with a deliciously moist, rich, full-bodied cake that you can’t help but keep coming back for more. Just be sure when selecting your prepackaged cake mix, you select the variety without pudding in the mix.
As you may have noticed, over the past few months I have learned that MIRACLE WHIP Dressing isn’t just great for dips and deviled eggs. You can kick your holiday and seasonal menus up a notch with the one-of-a-kind bold, tangy flavor of MIRACLE WHIP. Add it to your apps, entrees and even desserts like this Heavenly Chocolate Cake! MIRACLE WHIP should be a staple you always have on hand. You never know when you may need it, and its uses are without end.
As we near the holidays, try to avoid the stress of entertaining by planning in advance and mapping out a menu that takes dishes up a notch with one of these amazing recipes – and yes, MIRACLE WHIP is in all of them! Then before your gathering, print out a few menus and use them as part of your table settings so your guests know what’s for dinner. You could print out the recipes on cute cardstock, punch a hole in one corner and string a ribbon through it. Cute place setting and the guests can take your recipe home!
- Heavenly Chocolate Cake
- Curry-Roasted Cauliflower
- Curried Chicken Appetizer Bites
- Easy Banana Bread
- Creamy Homemade Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Mediterranean Pizza
- Bacon Cheddar Onion Dip
Who knew you could add it to a chocolate cake and mac & cheese? Well, of course I already knew about the chocolate cake because it was my dad’s fave, but mac & cheese? That’s next up on my list of meals to try on the kids.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. For easy removal, coat pan with flour; set aside.
- Stir cake mix and 1/2 cup cocoa in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water and dressing; beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Gradually add combined powdered sugar and remaining cocoa, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake.
MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It