Mother’s Day marks the beginning of National Women’s Health Week. Very fitting since us moms like to be pampered (which certainly improves my health and mood) for Mother’s Day. Start off the week with a little pampering, then get on your way to improving your well-being. Face it, us moms are important to those around us, so we need to take care of ourselves. I’ve partnered with Colgate Total to bring you these 7 steps to improve your well-being.
For me, habits are very difficult to change or begin. If I have a lot of things I need to improve, then I find it works best if I focus on one item at a time. Once I get a handle on one then I add in another. First I’d like to challenge you to try these 7 steps (introduce a new one each day) throughout National Women’s Health Week. Then take your time making these steps become habits.
1. Make time to have fun. Even if it’s just 15 minutes of being silly and dancing around the house with the kids, it can improve one’s day.
2. Exercise. Releasing endorphins through physical activity is proven to enhance your mood. Not to mention what this can do for your physical health. If you aren’t used to exercising then take it slow to begin.
3. Establish and maintain an oral hygiene regimen. A healthy mouth is key to a healthy body. Even a small change like switching to a Colgate Total regimen with Colgate Total’s New Gum Health Mouthwash can provide advanced gum protection for 45% stronger, healthier gums. I recently started slacking on my flossing and BAM, a cavity just appeared between my teeth. That means no candy crunching for me, which makes for an unhappy momma.
4. Count your blessings. Your overall outlook on life will improve if you practice gratitude, and appreciating the positives all around you. Before bed every night, try writing down three things you are grateful for that day. This practice will eventually become natural.
5. Get enough rest. Some say, “early to bed and early to rise.” If you are a night owl like me, then this might be a struggle. However, I find when I do go to bed earlier, I awake feeling fresh and more energized. Sleep is key to better health and even weight loss (one of my goals).
6. Serve others. Whether it be the people you are already around on a daily basis, or you go out of your way to help someone in need, service is never a bad thing. Serving not only helps the person being served, but it can do so much for your soul, mood and confidence level.
7. Explore. Keeping your mind active, and trying new things can be very freeing. I say travel, read up on new things, learn, experience something new. All of these things help me to feel excited and alive.
Here is my challenge to you. Throughout National Women’s Health Week, tackle at least one of these tasks each day. Who knows, maybe you’ll get through all 7 in one day! I’d love for you to return and report. As an added bonus, one Clever Housewife winner will win a healthy living kit ($60 value). Included is
– Colgate Total products
– A sleep mask to help with better rest and overall health
– A stainless steel water bottle for fitness and hydration
– 356 Days of Health Eating from the American Dietetic Association.
The giveaway will end at 11:59pm PT on 5/22/15. To enter, please fill out the form below.