As I get older, health has become more important to me. When we are young, many of us get to breeze through life without health concerns or bothers, but then it seems like we hit 30 and everything hits the fan. For me it’s harder to lose weight, my skin isn’t as clear as it once was, I don’t have as much energy, and my digestion just isn’t the same. Because I don’t think I am the only person to struggle with excellent digestion, I wanted to share 5 tips to improve digestion, as naturally as possible.
1. Alter what you eat. I personally can’t handle a greasy cheeseburger and french fries like I used to. Cut back on fatty foods, and especially fried food (sad, but true). Increase your fiber intake. Eat foods such as vegetables, legumes and fruits. Opt for whole grains. Eating a healthier and more clean diet can really help because after all, “you are what you eat”.
2. Drink. Drink. Drink – Water that is. Staying hydrated with water is super important for all-around health, but really can help to digest foods.
3. Develop an eating schedule and stick to it. Our body likes to know what to expect, so eating on schedule and perhaps at regular intervals can keep the metabolism going. I’ve also heard it is good to eat within an hour of waking up and not to eat after 8pm.
4. Exercise regularly. Just as when one tries to lose weight, it is important to eat healthy, drink water and exercise regularly. Moving your body can also help your digestion to keep moving.
5. Add probiotics to your diet. I have found that probiotics can do wonders for my digestion, as well as my kids’. I’ve recently started taking Align probiotics and I am pleased with the results. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your digestive system. When my kids (or myself) are constipated or irregular, I have them take a daily dose of probiotics, and it really has helped. Align Probiotics helps maintain your digestive system’s natural balance.*
If you’d like to try adding Align to your daily regimen, and to aid in digestion and health, head to Target and save 15% on Align Probiotic products using Target’s Cartwheel app. Offer ends 7/19.
*Legal disclaimer: This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, trea, cure, or prevent any disease
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.