Whether you own a pool, frequent a community pool, go to the lake (or ocean), or plan a day at a water park, many of us will inevitably be out by the water. It is important to be prepared, so I have a list of what to pack for a day by the Pool.
Where I live, we have had a hot summer so far and we can’t help but spend a lot of time at grandma’s pool, or at the lake. The water is cooler, and my kids are little fish. I have learned what the essentials are to keep everyone happy and healthy when they are in the water all day. Here is what works for us:
1. Sunscreen. My fair-skinned children get told every time they go to the doctor that they are going to be prone to skin diseases if they are not careful. So, we sunscreen up anytime we are outside for any length of time. The water reflects the sun, which can increase chances for sunburns, so sunscreen it is.
2. Towels and swimsuits. My boys have been known to drip dry, but for us girls with longer hair, the drying process can take longer. It’s always good to be prepared with towels, for drying or laying out on.
3. Water. Yes, the pool is full of water, but you need water to drink. Being in the sun and the water can increase dehydration, so drink up.
4. Pool Toys. To try to avoid fighting in the pool, have games and toys the kids can play with. Blow up flotation devices, noodles, balls, diving toys, etc.
4. Snacks. I like to keep the kids fueled when they are outside for lengthy periods of time. Sure I could give them fruit snacks or string cheese (sometimes I do), but I have found that the kids are terrible about throwing wrappers away when they are out by the pool. A snack I have found to be tasty and work well for such occasions is Fisher Nut Exactly snack bites.
There are 4 different flavors, and they come in shareable (and resealable) bags. Try Almond Popcorn Dipped in Milk Chocolate, Almond Popcorn Dipped in Dark Chocolate, Pecan Popcorn Dipped in Salted Caramel and Peanut Popcorn Dipped in Peanut Butter. The sun might make these a bit melted, but the kids don’t mind a bit, and they’ve got plenty of water to rinse off messy hands. I love the combination of sweet and salty, but especially the fact that they are made without artificial preservatives. I love opting for healthier snacking, especially when it tastes so good.
Are you ready to hit the water? Don’t forget to pick up a bag of Fisher Nut Exactly snack bites, available at retailers nationwide. Can’t find them near you, or want to try them on me? One Clever Housewife reader will win a Fisher prize pack on me, including a suite of the new Fisher NUT EXACTLY snack bites and a $50 Visa Gift Card! The giveaway ends at 11:59pm on 7/19. To enter, fill out the form below.