Truth be told, I’ve never minded cleaning the bathroom, in fact, I kind of enjoy it. There’s nothing more gratifying in house cleaning than a sparkly clean bathroom. I don’t like to spend a lot of time doing it, and I must have the right products to get the job done to my satisfaction. Speed, and doing it often are my key ingredients. With the help of my partners over at Clorox, I’d like to show you how to deep-clean the bathroom in 8 steps.
I’ve been a Clorox fan forever. I grew up with the brand, in my parent’s home, and am now delighted they’ve expanded their line of products. You can always count on Clorox to bring the best in CLEAN and germ fighting.
Here are some of my tips to limit your time for bathroom cleaning, and making sure the job is done right.
1. Keep your bathroom cleaning products easily accessible, and if possible, right in the bathroom.
2. Keep a roll of paper towels in the bathroom for quick clean-up jobs.
3. Have a stash of rags in the bathroom, and use only one rag per job – don’t use it again in another bathroom.
4. Wipe out sinks and counters often with a quick swish with Clorox® Pump ‘N Clean Bathroom & Multi-Purpose and a paper towel. The dispenser allows for one-handed cleaning with a paper towel or rag. I even do this while I’m brushing my teeth. It makes the 2 mins go quickly! Do your counters first, then tackle the sinks. Then grab another paper towel and wipe off the toilet seat, under the seat, behind the seat and the base of the bowl around the floor bolts.
5. Remember to clean off your wood cabinets, baseboards and inside drawers, as these easily accumulate dust, hairspray, and hair. Keep a box of Clorox® Triple Action Dust Wipes in the bathroom for this job, as they can be used on furniture, blinds, window sills, baseboards and inside drawers – and they trap and lock dust, allergens and hair, then dispose. They also come in a larger size for your dust mop.
6. For quick and clean toilet bowl cleaning use the Clorox® ToiletWand System. You just mount the cleaning head, which is pre-loaded with Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner, give it a swish in the water to activate, then toss the head in the trash when you’re done. It’s a good idea to keep a bottle of regular Clorox® Toilet Bowl Cleaner on hand for a more thorough disinfecting of 99.9% of germs. The handy dispenser allows you to squirt under the rim of the bowl too. Keep a toilet brush in each bathroom to save time.
7. Give your mirrors a good once over with a damp paper towel.
8. Spray your shower with cleaner, step in naked, and wipe it down before your shower. It’s called multi-tasking. Or have your cleaner and rag handy and do it after your shower.
You don’t have to do your bathroom all at once, you can do each job at a separate time, just be sure to not neglect or put off all the tasks. Make sure you’re stocked up with all your favorite Clorox products and give some of the newer ones a try. You’ll love it!
Clorox can be counted on for sanitation and disinfecting. Every home should have Clorox products on hand to fight germs and disease. The bathroom and kitchen are your first line of defense against germs. You can also read my quick tip for cleaning the grill. Wherever you are cleaning, do it quickly and do it often to stay on top of disinfecting.