National Read a Book Day has had my husband and I discussing the impact books have had on our lives. We believe learning to read opens up the doors to knowledge. When I was a pre-teen, I was known to always have a book in my hand. I loved reading and my parents were even concerned for a time, because I wouldn’t do much else. That didn’t last long, because as a teenager I was a social butterfly. My husband is also an avid reader. He has always believed that you can learn about anything you choose, if you just open up a book. Just this year we have unleashed ourselves back into the world of books via the Amazon Fire HD.
My husband and I are brand new to the world of Kindle, and we are LOVING it. I gifted hubby his first Kindle just this past June, and he has read about 30 books since! Having easy access to the Amazon library, without ever having to leave home, is life changing. I just got my Amazon Fire HD and I’m only beginning the adventure of Amazon book-buying, borrowing and what have you. Life gets so busy, but with hubby’s help I have made more time for books in my life.
Because we humans are so connected all the time, the Fire HD is great because you can quickly check email, search the hottest topics, and of course, read and play games. Just a few of the Fire HD features:
- Beautiful 6″ HD display with over a million pixels (252 ppi / 1280 x 800)
- All-new Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where over $10,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free – including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
- Enjoy more than 33 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, Android apps and games
- Available in five brilliant color choices
- Rear-facing HD camera and front-facing VGA camera, for selfies and capturing road trip adventures (Don’t you always have a book in the car?)
- Create personal profiles, link two Amazon accounts to share books, apps and games, and set device usage limits for kids
To help you get back into reading, just begin a love for reading, or perhaps continue that love, check out the Fall reading list from Amazon. Here are just a few that looked good to me:
Now that I’ve shared a few of the books on this Fall’s reading list, that I have saved on my Fire HD, I have some exciting news to share too! I am giving one lucky reader an Amazon Fire HD, with case, to call their own! The giveaway will end at 11:59pm PT on 9/23. To enter, fill out the form below. Happy reading!