Sponsored By Prego®
Weeknights are so busy and hectic for many of us, which means we need more quick and easy meals. Am I right? I tell you what – this time of year is so crazy for me that I really need to plan better, and spend less time in the kitchen. If I don’t, then we end up turning to fast food too often. I’ll do you one better with a 30-minute meal with 5 ingredients and is cooked in just one dish. My Tortellini and Sausage Skillet is something the entire family enjoys, and we sometimes switch it up with ravioli. It is easy enough that the kids can help with weeknight dinners too.
This weekend was actually just as busy as our weeknights, because our four kids had soccer games spread out throughout the day. We were gone nearly the entire day, and came home just in time to whip something up within 30 minutes, before the troops would come hollering with hunger pangs. Lucky for me, I always keep spaghetti sauce on hand because it can make so many quick and easy meals. Combined with one of my favorite lean sausages and tortellini, the Prego® Traditional Sauce helps flavor and cook the other ingredients.
I personally like to cook with sausage links because they are seasoned so well, and create those nice big chunks that are fun to find in a dish. The trick to break them up is to use scissors to cut them up during the cooking process. First put a little olive oil in the pan, then toss in a package of your favorite sausages. You will find that using a wooden spoon will be difficult to get through the casings, so as they start to brown, go to town with the kitchen shears.
Add a jar of Prego Traditional Sauce and a package of tortellini. Then cover with a lid. The sauce will help the tortellini to cook, all while flavoring it. All you are missing is a yummy topping of cheese. Go ahead and top with cheese and place under the broiler for a bit, to get that nice melted goodness. That’s it – dinner in under 30 minutes!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 pkg lean turkey sausage links
- 1 pkg 4-cheese tortellini (20 oz)
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Sauce (24 oz) + 1 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high burner.
- Add sausage links and brown until no longer pink. As it starts to cook, cut links into bite-size pieces using a pair of kitchen shears.
- Stir in tortellini and red sauce, plus extra water.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 8 minutes, or until tortellini are softened.
- Remove lid and sprinkle with cheese and place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, so cheese is melted.