This post is sponsored by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
I was so excited on the first day that felt like fall. I was able to wear long sleeves, it was raining and overcast, and I couldn’t be happier. As soon as I woke up, I just knew it would be a soup kind of day. We invited the whole family over and dished up some homemade chili and my mother-in-law’s Ham and Potato Soup. This was the first time I have had my MIL’s Ham and Potato Soup and it was so yummy that I just had to share the recipe.
For quick and easy dinners, I am a fan of turning to jarred sauces. They speed up the process and can add great flavor to a variety of dishes. I had never thought of adding pasta sauce to homemade soup until today. Boy have I been missing out all this time! Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce helps cut down the ingredient list all while adding some great flavor to the Ham and Potato Soup.
The Prego brand continues to expand its ever-growing collection of sauces to better suit a world of changing palates. Instead of traditional red sauce pizzas, my family has grown to love white sauce pizzas, which Prego Homestyle Alfredo also lends well to. Even as my family grows their palates change, but it’s so nice to know there are brands who are growing along with us.
To warm your bellies on a busy, and chilly night, I hope this Ham and Potato soup is welcomed by all in your family. Serve with warm bread and you’re golden.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and grated
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To the slow cooker, add potatoes and carrot, and cover with chicken broth. Heat on high.
- In a frying pan, saute celery in the 2 tablespoons of butter, until softened. Toss in with the remaining veggies in the slow cooker.
- Stir in ham, Prego Homestyle Alfredo, salt and pepper. Leave on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.