Over the years I’ve become a believer in test driving vehicles before buying. When I was younger, I would get my mind set on a brand, or a model, and test driving wasn’t my priority. I now have the opportunity to test drive vehicles for the purpose of sharing my experiences with all of you, and it has opened my eyes. Let me just say testing out a variety of cars is so much fun, and I learn so much! This opportunity has really won my heart over to Kia, and some of their models. I recently spent a week with the 2016 Kia Sorento, and the entire family was smitten.
The only downfall for us was that ours Kia Sorento was only a 5 passenger, and I have a family of 6. However, I am happy to report that the Kia Sorento can come with the third row, making it a 7 passenger vehicle. Just check your cargo space if using the third row. Without a third row, there is TONS of storage space.
Now for the things we love about the Kia Sorento:
- HUGE sun roof – where nearly the entire roof is glass. The kids LOVE being able to look up at the sky from the back row.
- This bad boy has turbo, which is fun for those who have the need for speed.
- The option for heating or cooling the front seats.
- Heating the steering wheel during winter.
- Notifications when tire pressure is low – then an image showing the exact tire pressure for each tire on the car.
- Not only does it have a backup cam, but there are cameras everywhere! When pulling through a Subway drive thru, I noticed the car showed me how close I was to the curbs on each side, and it even showed what was above, in front, and behind. AWESOME!
- Comfortable seats, and comfortable driving.
There are a couple of things that people could either love or hate, so I will let you decide. Cars truly are getting so smart, and the Kia Sorento has the ability to gauge how far the car is from cars in front, on the road. If you have cruise control on, and the car senses you are too close to the vehicle in front of you, it will automatically slow you down. Depending on your mental astuteness, this could be very helpful, or somewhat annoying.
Overall, we had a lot of fun with the 2016 Kia Sorento, and for a family of 5, or smaller – I’d say go for it!