Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dare Foods TM and Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love easy, laid-back summer parties! Unlike winter holiday parties where there is so much stress on perfect decor, and big meals, all you need for a perfect summer party is some lawn chairs, a few cool snacks and fun water games for the kids. Summer parties are perfect lazy day gatherings where you can just enjoy the sunshine, snacks and catching up with friends. You’ll be entertaining right with a batch of Salame and Olive Cream Cheese Spread and my Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Bites.
Because I hate to heat up my kitchen by baking on a summer day, I love to make cool no-bake snacks for summer gatherings. They are super easy to prepare and are tasty to eat while being light, cool and satisfying for guests enjoying basking in the sun.
To get started I always make a quick trip to Walmart to stock up on some summer snack supplies! I love to stay stocked up on crackers over the summer because topped with some delicious spread they make a cool and easy snack for entertaining friends by the pool, or while lounging in lawn chairs watching the kids play. I recently grabbed some Breton® Grainsfirst Crackers, Gallo Salame and Dare TM Maple Leaf Crème Cookies to have on hand for impromptu summer gatherings.
With the awesome DEAL FROM IBOTTA right now (Buy 2 packages of crackers and save 1$) I was even able to stock up on the rest of the supplies that I need to whip up my no-bake party snacks. Both of these simple summer snacks are easy and quick to make up before your friends show up and are best when served cold. I love that with just a few minutes of prep time, I can throw a fun summer gathering without much fuss during party time, so I don’t miss out on any of the summer gab-time with friends!
I like to start the party by bringing out my Salame and Olive Cream Cheese Spread (recipe below) atop some delicious Breton® Grainsfirst Crackers. This spread, with its incredibly rich Mediterranean flavors, mixed into chilled cream cheese reminds me of a warm summer day in Greece.
To create an easy to handle snack, top each cracker with a generous spoonful of the spread and serve on a chilled tray. For the kids, I even like to throw together a few crackers sandwiching chilled PB&J, for a wholesome snack that they can enjoy quickly between water fights.When things are starting to heat up outside, it’s time to pull out a batch of Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Bites (recipe below).
These tasty treats are enjoyed by kids and adults alike, and help everyone to cool off while indulging their sweet tooth. My secret is… they aren’t even actually cheesecakes (just frozen Greek yogurt and fresh fruit). When frozen they have the same decadent taste and texture of a frozen cheesecake bite and are so much healthier and easier to make then cheesecake. With these tasty and easy no-bake snacks, your summer gathering will be relaxed, fun and chilled… Just the way it’s supposed to be!
Salame and Olive Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 oz cream cheese 8-10 slices Gallo Salame, diced finely
- 10 pimento stuffed olives, diced
- 1 Tbs ranch powder
- 1 package Breton® Grainsfirst Crackers
- In medium bowl mix cream cheese, Gallo Salame, olives and ranch powder.
- Serve immediately, or chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Right before serving top each Breton® Grainsfirst Cracker with 1 heaping tablespoon of cracker spread.
Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 24 Dare TM Maple Leaf Crème Cookies, smashed
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Line a cupcake pan with disposable liners.
- Fill the bottom of each cupcake liner with smashed Dare TM Maple Leaf Crème Cookies.
- In a blender mix Greek yogurt with diced strawberries.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt mixture to each cupcake liner.
- Freeze in cupcake pan for 3-4 hours.
- Remove and eat immediately or store in freezer safe bags.