This post is sponsored by DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice.
With the summer heat I’m longing to be on sandy beaches with the waves crashing onto shore, and a frozen drink in my hand. I’m so sensory oriented, and tastes and smells elicit fond memories for me. I knew I wanted to carry my memories of Hawaii with me, long after the vacation ended, so I treated myself to some DOLE® chapstick while we were at the DOLE® Plantation on Oahu. Every time I use my chapstick, I’m reminded of sandy beaches and fresh pineapple. With temps in the triple digits, my chapstick isn’t quite cutting it, so frozen drinks with DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice are here to do the trick. I’ve decided my Strawberry Pina Colada makes for the perfect patriotic mocktail.
Fun and fruity beverages are just as good as desserts, in my book. When you start with great ingredients such DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice, as you really can’t go wrong. With the right combination of flavors, you’ll feel like you’re basking in the Hawaiian sunlight in no time. Create a big batch and your beverage will be the next 4th of July hit!
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries, semi thawed
- ½ cup 7UP
- 8 oz DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 6 oz cream of coconut
- 1 banana
- 2-3 cups crushed ice
- fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a blender, combine strawberries and 7UP, and blend until smooth. Pour into another container and set aside.
- Rinse out the blender and combine pineapple juice, cream of coconut, ice, and banana. Blend until mixed and frothy.
- Fill bottom third of a mason jar with strawberry mixture. Tilt glass and gently pour in the pineapple coconut mixture. The two flavors will look mixed, but if you wait a bit you will notice the colors/flavors separate, with the strawberry rising to the top.
- Garnish with a skewer filled with blueberries.
DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice, the ‘King of Juices™, is a natural way to add excitement to your favorite food and drink recipes. It’s a delicious change of pace that always delivers exhilarating flavor.