This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DreamWorks and The Boss Baby. All opinions and ideas are my own.
My family loves going to the movies, and we try to catch every family-friendly film we can while in theaters. Movie theater popcorn (more butter, please!) and a couple of hours to escape and laugh with my loves is what I call a great time. My youngest, Miss Bea, has been begging to see The Boss Baby ever since she saw previews last fall. To bide our time while we wait for The Boss Baby to hit theaters, we’ve been in the kitchen whipping up Peanut Butter Blossoms “Boss-oms” to pair with Peach Tampico, for a perfect treat!
Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of those cookies that should be in every home’s cookie arsenal. They’re easy, fun, and super yummy. Plus, these truly are the perfect cookie to celebrate The Boss Baby, because they remind the kids of a certain popular emoji that just goes along with babies. All that’s missing are some candy eyes on the chocolate kisses. Plus, according to previews, The Boss Baby loves his cookies!
Everyone needs something to wash down those cookies, and I’ve never been a milk drinker myself, so we grabbed one of the many flavors of Tampico, to go along with our Peanut Butter Boss-oms. The kids opted for Peach Tampico, which was a big hit. Tampico is one of the world’s best-loved beverages when it comes to high quality and value-added juice drinks.
You can invest in your little bosses, too, with Tampico’s Raise a Boss Promotion! Just visit TampicoRaiseaBoss.com to see how to get a free digital Tampico Boss Baby activity book, and enter for a chance to win thousands of $10 movie gift cards, and a grand prize of $5,000 towards a child’s education.
To keep you busy while you wait for the much anticipated movie to come to a theater near you on March 31st, whip up some cookies, purchase some Tampico, and enter to win some great prizes!
- 30 chocolate kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I use simply ground peanut butter for a bit of crunch)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In an electric mixer, beat shortening and peanut butter until combined. Add sugars and mix until fluffy before adding egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture; beat to incorporate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining sugar. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and quickly press chocolate into the center of each cookie. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.