I’m doing something a little different and that’s sharing two recipes in one post! How lucky for you! I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I love easy meals for busy evenings. These days, most of my evenings are busy, so we go easy all the way. A nice ingredient to have on hand for those quick and easy weeknight meals is Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey. I’m going to show ground turkey two ways, for a couple of easy weeknight meal options. Both are one pot dinners with minimal dishes! First is a one pan Ground Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet. If you want another idea that doesn’t involve the stove or oven then you’ll love my Instant Pot Turkey Chili!
Both of these dinners make for an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. My kids “think” they don’t like sweet potatoes, but when I fix the ground turkey and sweet potato skillet they don’t even realize they’re eating them! You only have to dirty one pan, which makes for quick cleanup, and you can melt the cheese by finishing off in the oven, or steaming with a lid. The options are there, per your preference.
Serve this dish as is, or top with sour cream and avocado (even some salsa if you’d like)!
We like Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey because it’s raised free range turkey on a certified organic vegetarian diet and always free of added hormones and steroids. It’s the only California-grown, organic, fresh ground turkey and it’s a nutritious and lean source of protein.
For dinner number two, I adapted my mom’s award winning chili recipe to create an Instant Pot Turkey Chili, and it’s delish! Sure you can cook it in a pot or in the slow cooker, but if you didn’t plan and prepare in enough time (my usual problem) then you can easily make this in the Instant Pot, for dinner in less than 20 minutes!
To help you make these recipes for even less $$, save $2 on your next purchase of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey with this printable coupon. The product can be found at most major supermarkets and Target stores in CA, OR and WA. You can also head over to the Foster Farms Facebook page and enter to win a FREE package of Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey. Simply comment on the designated post, and five winners will be drawn randomly each Friday for three weeks.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained (can use black beans)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces, or slightly smaller
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- sour cream, salsa, guacamole, for topping (optional)
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, while stirring to break up any clumps.
- Stir in seasonings, tomato sauce, beans, sweet potatoes and spinach. Stir just until combined then cover with a lid, and turn heat to medium-low. Cook until sweet potatoes are tender - about 10 minutes, but feel free to check sooner.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top then return lid for a couple minutes longer, just to melt the cheese. You can also put the skillet in the oven for a couple of minutes, to melt the cheese. Top with toppings, if desired. Can also serve in a tortilla!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Carroll Shelby's Chili Mix
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz water
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of great northern beans, drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup Smucker's Grape Jam
- With Instant Pot turned onto the saute mode, heat olive oil and add turkey. Brown ground turkey, stirring to break up any chunks.
- To the ground turkey, add all ingredients and stir until combined. Jelly may be a little lumpy and that's okay.
- Set Instant Pot to manual and cook for 10 minutes. Stir before serving and feel free to top with fresh herbs, sour cream or cheese!