This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! as part of an Ambassador Program and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s Halloween Party weekend and it’s not a party without some spooky good treats! Just in time for Halloween, I wanted to share these Jalapeño Popper Mummies, and a great dipping sauce to help with the heat and great flavor! In our house, we’ve been loving all of the tasty Heluva Good! Dip options for all of our dipping needs. You can pick any flavor you’d like to go along with these mummies, but the husband really likes the buttermilk ranch with these babies.
No Halloween party is complete without a dip to sink your Jalapeño Popper Mummies into. The fantastic thing about Heluva Good! Dip is that it goes with so many fantastic things. Grab a couple of dips for the food table and you’re all set for your veggie tray, jalapeño poppers, chips and more! Heluva Good! offers an assortment of flavors and are each made with real sour cream and flavorful spices. We really have a difficult time deciding on a favorite.
Perhaps you don’t have a party to attend or throw this year, and that’s okay. I surprised the kids after school one day with this festive snack, and they thought it was pretty cool. The kids really love when I go all out and get with the spirit of the holiday. Be prepared that with Jalapeño Mummies, they don’t get cooked as long as regular jalapeño poppers, so they retain more heat. That’s why the tasty dip really comes in handy. Something cool and flavorful will help take aways some of the heat from the jalapeño. And it just adds something a little extra special.
Pick up your favorite Heluva Good! Dip in the dairy aisle of your favorite supermarket, and dunk your mummies into them at your next party!
- 8 jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1 8 oz package of crescent rolls
- edible candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and center membrane. That's where a lot of the heat is.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic, cilantro, paprika and pinch of salt, just until combined.
- Spoon filling into each of the jalapeño halves.
- Roll out crescent rolls, pinching the seams together so two triangles make a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter and cut into strips about 1/4" wide.
- Using approximately two strips per jalapeño half, wrap the strips around the stuffed jalapeños, slightly overlapping each strip. Be sure to leave a small opening for the eyes.
- Bake jalapeño popper mummies about 10-12 minutes, or until crescent rolls are slightly golden and no longer doughy. Remove mummies to a cooling rack and quickly add candy eyes.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate any leftovers.