The cold weather has hit here in Northern California and so has cold & flu season. Unfortunately for me, my cold season began with just that – a cold! My kids have managed to keep their health fairly in tact, but I think a recent trip to the ER landed me with some cooties I didn’t go in with. Because we’re just at the beginning of cold and flu season, I’ve been racking my brain with tips to make cold & flu season bearable for the whole family. I hope these tips prove helpful for you and yours as well!
1) Clean house – The moment I know someone in the house is sick, I can’t help but want to clean everything. Germs are less likely to keep spreading in a clean house, free of dirt and dust. I know one doesn’t really feel up to cleaning when sick, but do what you feel up to, and enlist the family to help too!
2) Once the house is clean, keep the air just right with Vicks® Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier. For just $49.86, on rollback at Walmart, you can breathe better and sleep easier with this humidifier. I’ve always loved the Vicks brand for cough and cold relief for my kiddos, and now I can get it in our air. I’ve recently become a huge proponent of humidifiers because the air in my house is so dry. The technology in the Vicks Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier is even cooler because it helps maintain humidity levels in addition to killing up to 99.9″% of germs in the unit’s water. Get clean cool air, which we need when we’re sick!
3) Wash hands often – This is important to help prevent the spreading of germs. The last thing you need is to get the whole family sick.
4) Plenty of sleep – Something many of us busy adults aren’t good at is getting enough good sleep. Sleep is good for so many things and our health depends on it. The proper amount of sleep can help with stress, which in turn will help our immune system. Sleep is good for healing and recovery!
5) Keep all of the necessities at your fingertips – tissues, chapstick, cozy blankets, slippers, cold meds with pseudoephedrine and guaifenesin, Vicks Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier and Vicks VapoPads. Not only do you get great air with the Vicks Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier, but you can also get that soothing menthol feel from the traditional Vicks products, now in your air! Simply insert Vicks menthol and Sleepytime VapoPads® in a designated spot in the humidifier, and you’ll be breathing that comforting menthol, similar to what I typically rub on my daughter’s chest.
Colds and flus are never any fun, but prepare yourself this winter with the above mentioned items, and hopefully you’ll skip right through the season without missing a step.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Vicks Humidifiers. The opinions and text are all mine.