Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Living in California, any day is a good day for grilling! I’m always in awe of the different recipes and flavors you can combine for an excellent and different dinner from the grill. If you’re stuck in a rut and need some new ways to cook up chicken, then Foster Farms has something great for you. I found this yummy Golden Grilled Chicken Thighs with Apricots recipe all from the new Foster Farms DORI™ QR code on my package of chicken thighs!
If you own an Android or iPhone, you can open up your camera and scan the new DORI™ QR code, found on Foster Farms chicken packages, while you’re shopping! Get exclusive coupons, hundreds of original recipes using Foster Farms chicken, a map of Foster Farms’ local California and Pacific Northwest chicken ranches, savings, and more. I recommend hitting the meat department first, scan the DORI™ QR code, pick your recipe, then shop for the rest of the ingredients you’ll need!
You can search for recipes with certain ingredients, or scan by category such as 30-Minute Meals, Grilling Recipes and more. I hit the grilling section first so I wouldn’t have to heat up the kitchen. I love changing up dinnertime and using new recipes, so I was excited to learn about the new DORI™ QR code for quick and easy inspiration while at the store. Foster Farms is one of the first fresh poultry/meat companies with an on-pack QR code and I think it’s going to be a big hit. Be sure to utilize it while shopping so you can add any needed ingredients to your shopping cart – don’t forget the coupons!
I personally love cooking with chicken thighs because it’s such a moist and tender cut of meat, so upon searching for grilling recipes using chicken thighs I came across the Golden Grilled Chicken Thighs with Apricots. I just love combining sweet with savory and this recipe does just that. There are so many side dishes that would go great with these thighs – mashed potatoes, wild rice, orzo, couscous, fried potatoes and so much more! The chicken is so easy to make and you’ll have time to prep the rest of your meal while the chicken is marinating.
- 1 pound Foster Farms Organic Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- ⅛ teaspoon salt plus ¼ teaspoon, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup apricot nectar, divided
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves, divided
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh mint, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium apricots, halved
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped pistachios, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Place in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine ¼ cup apricot nectar, 2 tablespoons preserves, 2 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, curry powder and garlic. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. For a charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through. Add apricots to grill, cut sides down, for the last 5 minutes of grilling or until lightly browned. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.)
- 3. For sauce, in a small bowl combine the remaining ¼ cup apricot nectar, 3 tablespoons preserves, 2 tablespoons mint, green onions, 3 tablespoons pistachios, mustard, the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, mustard seeds and ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve chicken with sauce and apricots; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon pistachios.