This post is sponsored by San Bernardo Ice Cream, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Just because it’s October doesn’t mean it still isn’t hot out! It may be starting to slowly drop in temperature, but that sure doesn’t stop my sweet tooth! In the Fall I still like to eat light and cool, so I also love treating the kids to extra special treats just because. When San Bernardo Ice Cream sent me a few of their new flavors, I had the perfect idea to create Hot Chocolate and Biscotti Ice Cream Sandwiches., which I feel fits the season well!
When I think of biscotti, I think of hot chocolate because they really do go hand-in-hand. Since it’s cooling down outside, I don’t mind whipping out the hot chocolate because I wanted to be clever with the new San Bernardo Italian Biscotti Ice Cream. So instead of dipping biscotti in hot chocolate, I highly recommend popping the San Bernardo Italian Biscotti Ice Cream between two homemade hot chocolate cookies because YUM! Your taste buds will thank you.
In addition to the biscotti ice cream, I was sent Sea Salt Caramel Truffle which I was super excited about because I love sea salt and caramel. They make the perfect combination, and this flavor would also make for some yummy ice cream sandwiches.
Order your favorite flavors of San Bernardo ice cream online today using my special discount code, “SpoonThis2018” to get 6 FREE giant brownies and cookies (3 of each) with any pint purchase! (For a Limited Time Only)
The San Bernardo® Italian Escapes® line of ice cream has some amazing Italian-inspired flavors like Spumoni, Tiramisu, Cannoli and of course Italian Biscotti! In case you’re wondering what biscotti, ice cream would taste like, imagine a creamy vanilla ice cream with a dash of almond, plus almond slivers, chocolate-covered biscotti pieces and a thick caramel sea salt swirl. The flavor is to-die-for. Smacked in-between two hot chocolate cookies and you’ve got yourself a lip-smacking good specialty treat.
Why choose San Bernardo Ice Cream?
Compared to other super-premium ice creams, San Bernardo has 20% less fat and less sugar, without compromising flavor. You still get that luxurious taste and texture, all with a competitive price-point. All the ice cream is rBST Free and made with only All-Natural ingredients. Another thing I love about San Bernardo is the fact that I get a little taste of travel when I can’t travel. They’ve introduced a variety of different lines targeted at different parts of the world. Get a taste of Asia with Asian Escapes® Tahitian Vanilla. Feel like you’re in the tropical islands with Tropical Escapes® -Piña Coolada or Guanaban-ahhh® (Guanabanana/Sour Sop) ice cream. There are so many exotic flavors in addition to the All-American Cookies, More Cookies & Cream or Quadruple Chocolate!
For your taste of Italy, I recommend baking the hot chocolate cookies in the morning while it’s cooler out. You’ll have fun toasting the marshmallows on the top, using a blowtorch! Then whip out the Italian Biscotti ice cream and treat everyone with your creation!
Don’t forget to use my special discount code, “SpoonThis2018” online to get 6 FREE giant brownies and cookies (3 of each) with any pint purchase! (For a Limited Time Only)
- San Bernardo Italian Biscotti Ice Cream
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Prepare cookies by mixing together butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, hot chocolate mix and baking soda to wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated before folding in baking chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cookie scoops on baking sheet, 2-inches apart. Slightly flatten each cookie dough ball with back of cookie scoop. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Add a few marshmallows to the tops of each cookie, while still hot. Immediately return to oven on broil, to toast marshmallows, or toast with a blowtorch (my favorite method).
- When cookies are completely cooled, put a generous scoop of San Bernardo Italian Biscotti Ice Cream between two hot chocolate cookies, and slightly press together. Enjoy right away!