Traditionally speaking, hot dogs have often been the kids’ go-to grilling item. That is all about to change, because once you get your hands on these hot dog hacks you’ll be requesting hot dogs for every BBQ! I’ve come up with ways to dress up a hot dog, where you won’t ever tire of hot dogs. Grown-ups, kids, and everyone in between will be requesting hot dogs at their next BBQ because they’re just so fancy. I love me a tasty hot dog with all the fixin’s!
If you like your dog with plain ol’ ketchup and mustard, I even have something special in store for you! For all the bacon lovers (I know you’re out there), the bacon wrapped dog will be right up your alley. I don’t think the kids will complain about tiring of hot dogs with all the different ways you can do them up. The kids will have fine spiraling their own hot dog too.
If you’re hosting a summertime gathering, these hot dog hacks will make for the ultimate hot dog bar, where there are fixin’s for all. Between the different ways to dress up the dogs, you’ll have enough condiments to make for sides, entrees and everything in between.
Hot Dog Hacks – 5 Ways To Do Your Dog
For your 4th of July celebrations or any summertime gathering, here are 5 dogs that will wow!
The Spiral Hot Dog
Bacon Wrapped Dog with Cheese
French Onion Hot Dog
Baked Beans and Chips Hot Dog
Find out how to make each of the dogs below. I think the Idaho Dog is my favorite but they’re all so delicious!!
- 1 package hot dogs
- 1 package sausage rolls
- baked potato(es)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- green onion, sliced
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- bacon slices for wrapping
- colby jack cheese slices
- baked beans
- potato chips
- carmelized onions
- swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Idaho Dog: cut open a large cooked potato, lengthwise. Lay cooked hot dog in the center and top with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onion and crumbled bacon.
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog with Cheese: before cooking, cut a hot dog all the way down the middle, without going all the way through. Place colby jack cheese slices inside and wrap the entire dog tightly with bacon. Use toothpicks to hold bacon in place, if needed. Cook on the grill or in a frying pan.
- Baked Beans and Chips Dog: Cook hot dog on the grill, and place in sausage roll. Top with heated baked beans and potato chips.
- French Onion Dog: Cook hot dog on the grill, and place in sausage roll. Top with carmelized onions and thin slices of swiss cheese. Can microwave slightly to melt cheese, if desired.
- Spiral Dog: Slide a long skewer through the middle of an uncooked hot dog. Constantly turning the skewer with one hand, cut the hot dog at a downward angle, until you've reached the bottom. Slide the dog off the skewer and cook on the grill. Place in bun and top with desired toppings.