This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond® as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Tips to help you host a successful book club everyone is sure to enjoy!
I love my girl time and try to get it in whenever I can. Book Club is one of those times that’s a fun excuse to get together. We occasionally have a couple of men attend book club (my husband being one of them), but we love the time to chat, eat good food and discuss the books we love. I polled my fellow book club attendees and asked them each to share a tip for how to host a successful book club. I thought it would be fun to showcase some different perspectives.
You don’t have to be an avid reader to attend book club, and I think that’s what I love about ours. We get all types of readers (even the too-busy-to-read, people). A lot of the topics we discuss can include everyone, but best of all is the yummy snacks. Book club wouldn’t be right without munchies. I’ve always loved nuts as a snack to serve for company, but the new Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit Sea Salt & Whole Blueberry are my new favorite kind of party treat. If you like a little heat then the Almonds & Fruit Fiery Ghost Pepper & Tart Cherry will be right up your alley. In addition to tasty snacking, check out my Book Club’s tips to make for a successful book club.
* Prepare/look up talking points so there aren’t lulls in the conversation. – Ginny
* Have a good food theme that goes along with the book. Have everyone bring Southern, Italian, or whatever fits with the book you’re reading. – Carol Lynn
* Try having diversity in the genres, styles, themes and time periods of the books you read. – Kristine
* Always have some type of snack to munch on. I’ve noticed that when we have late night book club meetings (our usual time), not everyone eats the unhealthy treats we have out. Almonds & Fruit is truly a tasty snack everyone can feel good about because you’re getting California almonds and real fruit pieces. That’s yumminess plus nutrients! Even better, you can pick them up at Walmart! – Emily
* Check with your local library for “book club bags”. They will sometimes include several copies of the chosen book and discussion questions. It makes it really easy to have several people participate when you can provide the book. – Carol Lynn
* When taking a dish to book club, try to bring finger foods – something portable that doesn’t require dishes. – Laura
Whether you’re hosting Book Club soon, or any other gathering, be sure to save on Blue Diamond Almonds & Fruit with the current Ibotta offer. These tips are sure to help you host a successful book club so your time goes smoothly. Everyone is sure to enjoy the snacks, the company and hopefully the books!