Chicken Marinara Primavera
Today’s recipe is Chicken Marinara Primavera. If you want to go meatless, this recipe would be just as tasty if you omit the chicken!
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 cup zucchini (about 2 small ones) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add chicken breasts and brown each side. Then cover with Ragu and cook until no longer pink (170F).
3. Meanwhile in separate skillet, melt butter over medium heat. In another pot you can also begin cooking spaghetti per package.
4. Add garlic to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the asparagus; cover and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the mushrooms and zucchini.
7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
9. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
10. Drain spaghetti and add to the skillet of veggies
11. Toss to coat.
12. I then topped the pasta with the cooked chicken and sauce. Serve and Enjoy!
I happened to have a couple of tomatoes on hand, so I added those to my veggies at the very end, before adding the spaghetti.