Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
A few weeks ago, I posted a Pin of the day, which seemed to pique a lot of interest. That pin was the Peanut Butter Sheet Cake by Tasty Kitchen, and The Girl Who Ate Everything. The cake piqued my interest enough that I finally made it! Oh. My. Goodness. I keep eating and eating this Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. Somebody stop me – I am getting heartburn! lol Okay, so I’ll share the recipe again, for those of you who may have missed it. This recipe does have my recommendation. The caramel-y peanut butter frosting, paired with the moist cake, is ecstasy to my teeth and palate.
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake Recipe - Oh. So. Yummy.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 stick Butter
- ½ cups Peanut Butter
- 6 teaspoons Milk
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Combine butter, water and peanut butter in a saucepan and bring to boil. Pour over flour mixture.
- Add milk, vanilla and eggs to your other mixture, and mix.
- Pour batter onto a greased or parchment lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Bring butter, peanut butter and milk to boil in saucepan.
- Add one pound of powdered sugar and mix (can add 1 tsp vanilla here if you’d like, but I didn't).
- Pour warmed frosting over cooled cake, and serve.
Yes very yummy. I tried them and loved them. Enjoyed seeing you on the news. Yes they did a good job at avoiding paint mess. Love the website.
Cant wait to try the PB Sheet cake. I have made Texas Sheet Cake (Chocolate) for years, so this looks similar. These are great for a crowd and even better the second day as the frosting sinks in
I make Texas Sheet Cake often as well. This is a fun twist.
Do you hate me? It’s 3 am and I actually want to. Get out of bed and make this. Right now.
haha – Don’t do it! Wait until morning at least. 😉
This sounds delicious!
I am going to make this right now! I am excited that I have everything I need to make it!
Repinned! Can’t wait to try this! Thank you!
Going to give this one a whirl today with the girls help. And, just so you know, I did the math and each serving has just 5 calories. Don’t argue with me. I’m telling myself this ok? 😉