Company Chicken Casserole
I posted this Company Chicken Casserole recipe a while ago, and it was so popular that I wanted to share it again. This casserole dish is fairly easy and inexpensive, and is fabulous to serve for the family, or when you have company over. I grew up eating this Chicken Casserole, and it was always a hit. It is titled “Company Chicken Casserole” because it was often a dish my mom made when we had company over. Serve with or without broccoli – tasty either way! I hope you enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 wedges of onion
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 oz frozen broccoli cuts – thawed (optional)
- Place chicken breasts, broth, garlic and onion in a skillet and bring just to a boil over medium high heat, turn heat down to medium, cover and simmer until pink is gone – about 15-20 min.
- Remove the chicken and shred with a fork and set aside. Reserve the broth (this should equal about 1 cup, but if it doesn’t add enough canned broth to equal a cup).
- Melt the butter and pour over stuffing mix in a bowl and whisk with a fork to blend.
- Spread half of the stuffing/butter mixture in a large casserole dish or glass 9 x 13” pan.
- Blend the soup, sour cream and reserved broth together with a wire whisk.
- Place shredded chicken over the layer of stuffing mix. If using broccoli, spread this over the chicken.
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken, then top with the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 30 min at 350°. Serve and enjoy!