If you have ever flown or have thought about becoming a flight attendant, read “Attitudes at Every Altitude“, to get some chuckles about what passengers are really like and what flight attendants are really thinking. Attitudes at Every Altitude is written by 17 year Flight Attendant and Author, Gregg Proteaux. This book is filled with short excerpts of knowledge and funny/crazy experiences that flight attendants go through all the time.
Attitudes at Every Altitude is Gregg’s humorous look at a day in the life of a flight attendant. Inside the book you will find some crazy things that passengers expect such as: 3 or 4 cocktails before the plane even leaves the ground, parents wanting to change their baby’s diapers on a beverage cart and passengers asking if they can take home a box of tissues and their meal tray! You will also find the stresses and difficulties of the life of a flight attendant. Did you know that for the first 4+ years of becoming a flight attendant, you have to be on call pretty much all the time and work weekends? You may get a call at 4 a.m. for a 6 a.m. departure. On top of that, flight attendants have to check-in 45 minutes before their time clock starts (which means no pay).
Reading through the many short stories and anecdotes is addicting and I just keep wanting to learn more. In my mind, this book would make a great coffee table book, to help break the ice when company is over, or even a back of the toilet book. Do you have those? Growing up we liked to have one interesting book in the bathroom, to read or have for our guests to read. May sound strange, but we usually keep the very fascinating or funny books here. Who doesn’t like a little piece of knowledge or laugh while using the restroom?
Attitudes at Every Altitude would make a fun stocking stuffer or gift for someone who dreams of becoming a flight attendant. This book begins with a little rundown of the process to becoming a flight attendant and the many interesting strict/bizarre policies that are in place.
Attitudes at Every Altitude can be purchased at Amazon for $11.01 with free Super Saver Shipping, on orders of $25 or more. You can also find this book at Barnes & Noble for $10.94.
Author Gregg Proteaux has offered to give one CleverHousewife.com reader a copy of his book “Attitudes at Every Altitude.”
This giveaway will end at 11:59pm on 11/22.
You can do any or all of the entries (the more – the higher your chances of winning), but please leave a separate comment for EACH Entry, for them all to count.
1. Leave a comment telling me who you would like to get this book for, or if it’s for yourself.
2. Subscribe to my feed by e-mail or by Feedburner, then leave a separate comment here telling me that you do. If you subscribe by e-mail, be sure to check your e-mail and activate your account, for your entry to count.
3. Follow Clever Housewife on Twitter and tweet “Enter to win the book “Attitudes at Every Altitude” from @DENEFFE01 and @CleverHousewife https://cleverhousewife.com/?p=29555.” Be sure to come back here to tell me that you’ve done it.
4. “Like” Clever Housewife on Facebook. Be sure to leave another comment here telling me that you’ve done so.
5. Follow Clever Housewife on Google Friend Connect. You can do that by clicking on the Join Site button in the GFC box, in my right sidebar.
Feel free to share this giveaway with your friends and family!
Visit my Holiday Gift Guide daily to enter to win amazing prizes. Head over and see what else is already being offered.
*By entering this giveaway, you are agreeing to the Official Sweepstakes Rules.
Gregg Proteaux provided me with a copy of his book, “Attitudes at Every Altitude” to help facilitate my review. All opinions expressed are my own.