This past Saturday, I really wanted to use up some Pork Chops that I had on hand, and I really didn’t want to slave in the kitchen Saturday night. So – I found this Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy recipe from Food.com, that I adapted to what I had on hand. I cannot believe how amazing these Pork Chops were! They were so juicy and tender, which for me has been rare when it comes to pork. These chops fell apart when you picked them up, and the flavor was YUMMY! We served these with a Cheesy Confetti Rice recipe that my mom concocted. I will be posting that recipe soon.
|Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy||
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 lean boneless pork chops – Mine were pretty thick
- 1 pgk Knorr Homestyle Broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cook-down-home-pork-chops-and-gravy-45940#ixzz1qzTeQ64H
- Combine dry ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dredge Pork chops in flour mixture and set aside.
- Combine the remaining flour mixture with the broth and water. Pour into the Crock Pot. I actually just mixed them together IN the Crock Pot.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and cook the chops in hot oil until browned on both sides.
- Place chops in crock pot and cook covered on High for about 2 to 5 hours or until tender. These will be so tender that they fall apart – YUM!
- Season gravy with salt and pepper to taste. I think ours was perfectly tasty without additional seasoning.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.