Thai Chicken with Basil
Last year sometime, I tried the Yoplait Two Week Tune Up and quite enjoyed it. I was pretty successful during those two weeks, but I also learned several new recipes that I quite enjoyed. Besides, it’s always better to cook from scratch! The Thai Chicken with Basil recipe was probably my favorite!! I don’t like a lot of heat in my food so I changed things up a tad.
|Thai Chicken with Basil Recipe #healthyrecipes|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 tablespoons canola or soybean oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red or green jalapeño chiles, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 1/2 cups steamed bell pepper strips
- 2 tablespoons Asian vinaigrette
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook chicken, garlic and chiles in oil 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. You can omit the chiles if you don’t want the heat. This is what I do.
- Stir in fish or soy sauce and sugar, (I prefer soy sauce, which comes out fabulous).
- Sprinkle with basil, mint and peanuts.
- Toss pepper strips with Asian vinaigrette.
- Divide pepper strips and chicken mixture among 3 dinner plates.
Yummy and so healthy!
- Butternut Squash Soup Recipe (cleverhousewife.com)
- Empty Tomb Rolls: Perfect For Easter (cleverhousewife.com)