Olive and Hint of Jalapeno Creamed Corn
Corn is a loved vegetable (and starch) in our household. We are always thinking of ways to change it up, and invent a new side dish, or main dish, out of corn. This Olive and Hint of Jalapeno Creamed Corn dish was inspired by the so tasty Crock Pot Creamed Corn & Ham Casserole (topped with Bacon and Breadcrumbs) recipe my mom made not too long ago. This side dish is so extremely easy to make, that it only dirties one dish! I will warn you that this is not a healthy dish, and it is not low in calories. All if the butter and cream cheese just add to it’s yumminess!
|Olive and Hint of Jalapeno Creamed Corn|
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced.
- 32 oz frozen corn
- 1 can of whole olives, coarsely chopped (do not buy chopped, as the pieces will be too small)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients together in a 9×13 pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Stir again and serve. Easy Peasy!