3 Cheese Macaroni Salad
I wanted a new Macaroni Salad Recipe to go along with the Bacon Coated Barbecue Chicken Kebabs, that I made today. My husband is not a big fan of potato salad or macaroni salad, but he actually said to me at dinner that this is the best macaroni salad he has ever had! I don’t know if I would go that far, but it was pretty tasty. He liked it so much because it didn’t have a bunch of stuff in it, as he put it. I didn’t add pickles or red onion because I didn’t have any, but I will go ahead and write them into the recipe. This recipe was adapted and altered from one I found on Food.com.
|Macaroni Salad Recipe|
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni salad noodles
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced (yellow or white)
- 1/2 cup medium cheddar, diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, diced (I used cheese sticks, since it’s what I had on hand)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup dill pickles, diced (optional)
- 1 cup salami, diced (optional)
- 1 cup olive, black, sliced
- 1 -2 Tbs garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 -2 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 -1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cook pasta until al dente, approximately 7-9 minutes.
- Rinse macaroni until cool, and drain well. Let it dry out slightly.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and carefully fold in onion, cheddar, mozarrella, Parmesan, dill pickles, salami, and black olives.
- Mix the garlic salt, white pepper, black pepper, chili pepper, dry mustard and celery salt together. Add to the salad.
- Add 1 cup of mayonnaise, and fold into the salad. Only use the additional 1/2 cup if you think it needs it.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. I didn’t refrigerate and it still tasted good, but refrigerating will all the flavors to permeate.