This Chocolate Cinnamon Zucchini Cake has to be the best Zucchini Cake I have ever had! The cake itself was so moist, and the frosting just makes the whole thing melt in your mouth. The only problem I found with the cake was that it was difficult to stop at one piece! With the overload of zucchini we get from my mom’s garden every year, this will be my go-to dessert recipe!! Shoot, my mouth is watering just thinking about it now!
To get your zucchini grated nicely, I love the Cuisinart food processor. This bad boy is amazing and works for so many thing! Need a graham cracker crust? This processor will do it. Need your veggies grated, Cuisinart will do it! If you don’t yet have one, get yours HERE!
Chocolate Cinnamon Zucchini Cake
The most moist and flavorful zucchini cake!
Write a review
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. orange zest
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Then squeeze zucchini between a couple of paper towels, to remove remaining moisture.
- Mix flour, cocoa, soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and orange zest. Add oil. Combine dry ingredients with moist ingredients.
- Stir zucchini into batter and pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
- Melt 2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate with 1 cube butter in a microwave safe glass bowl at 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted.
- Pour melted mixture into a mixing bowl with 3 cups powdered sugar. Mix with mixer, and gradually add milk, 1 tbs at a time, until it's the consistency you like, (about 4 Tbs).
- Frost cooled cake and serve!
Clever Housewife https://cleverhousewife.com/
[…] Bread from Delightful E Made Best Ever Zucchini Bread from Spaceships and Laserbeams Chocolate Cinnamon Zucchini Cake from Clever […]