I know many of us enjoy a tasty and easy slow cooked meal, especially in the Summer! Mac and Cheese is loved by many kids and adults, so why not make it a Crock Pot meal? This Crock Pot Mac And Cheese, which came from A Whisk and A Prayer, turned out pretty well, and the kids asked for seconds, so I guess it does not HAVE to be Kraft Macaroni & Cheese!!
|Crock Pot Mac And Cheese||
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- One 12 oz can evaporated milk – skim works fine (Evaporated milk keeps the recipe from curdling like many have said they struggle with)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (try to use an Italian blend or an Italian Fontina cheese)
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- Spray slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil.
- Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you).
- Add the shredded cheese and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the center is set, and the pasta is tender.