Macaroni and Cheese
I have previously posted two different Macaroni and Cheese recipes; one of which was a Crock Pot recipe. There are so many tasty ways to cook up Mac & Cheese, so I thought I would post another very tasty recipe. Besides – homemade Mac & Cheese is always the best! When visiting my in-laws last week, my MIL served us her version of Macaroni and Cheese and I loved it. I can’t decide which recipe I like better! Perhaps I should cook them all up one day and have a taste off. How about you give them a try, and let me know which you think is the best! I linked to the other recipes below.
|Macaroni and Cheese||
- 2 cups small elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk, heated
- 4 cups shredded cheese ( I usually use at least two kinds – Cheddar, Jack, Mozzarella or even Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Cook and drain macaroni according to pacage directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle flour into butter and whisk until you have a smooth paste with a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
- Add mustard and Worcertershire. Gradually add milk and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 3 cups cheese and stir until melted. Add to macaroni and stir until well coated. Pour into baking dish- sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top with the bread crumb mixture and freshly chopped parsley (optional). Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.