Cinnamon Roll Cake
I have a new recipe that serves great as breakfast and/or dessert! This Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe is fairly easy, but is sure to please everyone. It slightly reminds me of a coffee cake flavor, but definitely more moist. Instead of a crumb topping, you have an ooey gooey cinnamon and glaze topping, which sinks in as it bakes. Beware – this cake is BUTTERLICIOUS!
I personally really love cinnamon rolls, but I don’t make them often because they’re a lot of work and mess. Kneading the dough and rolling it out, plus the sprinkling of filling can make the counters quite messy. To have a delicious treat without the mess and hassle, Cinnamon Roll Cake is a great alternative.
This recipe comes from Grin and Bake It.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Combine well. Slowly stir in the melted butter.
3. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
4. In a large bowl mix the 2 sticks of butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy.
5. Drop evenly over the batter by the tablespoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
7. In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk.
8. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.