Apricot Glazed Drumsticks and Thighs
Finger lickin’ good chicken can be hard to find, or create. I decided to take advantage of an upcoming Smart & Final sale on First Street Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs, by creating a sticky and sweet chicken recipe that would be great for a BBQ, tailgating party or just an afternoon at home. This recipe for Apricot Glazed Drumsticks and Thighs is super easy and sure to delight.
From 10/10-10/16, you can find First Street Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs for only $.99/lb. I served the apricot glazed chicken on a bed of rice that I spruced up with some of the extra glaze and some chopped dried apricots.
- 8 drumsticks and/or thighs
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place drumsticks and thighs in a shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While chicken is baking, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce and Dijon.
- When chicken has finished baking, carefully spoon sauce over the top of all of the chicken pieces, but reserve 1 Tbs for mixing into prepared rice, if desired.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- While chicken is baking, cook rice according to package directions.
- When rice is done cooking, allow it to dry out and cool slightly before adding the 1 Tbs of sauce and chopped dried apricots.
- Serve chicken on top of bed of rice.
Place drumsticks and thighs in a baking dish and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
While chicken is baking, prepare the glaze by mixing all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
When chicken has baked for 20 minutes, top each piece with the apricot glaze, reserving 1 Tbs for rice. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
While chicken is baking, prepare rice according to directions on package. When rice is finished, let it cool and dry slightly before adding the reserved tablespoon of glaze. Toss with chopped dried apricots and serve with chicken.