Spicy Honey Chicken
It seems like it’s been a while since I have shared a tasty chicken recipe. This summer at my family reunion, my sister made this Spicy Honey Chicken that was absolutely delicious! She said it is a regular in their menu plan, because it is loved by all. I am going to have to add it to one of my regulars as well. I personally love when recipes have a combination of sweet and sour, or sweet and spicy. This sticky sweet and spicy chicken does the trick, and really hits the spot. I mean look at it – doesn’t it just look perfect? The Spicy Honey Chicken recipe is adapted by Our Best Bites.
|Spicy Honey Chicken||
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Tbs Cider Vinegar
- Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.
- Use a pair of clean scissors to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry.
- Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces.
- Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well. The best way to add a rub to meat is by using your hands. It helps to get the flavor in all of the grooves.
- Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave, to thin out. Add the vinegar and combine well.
- Reserve 2 Tbs honey glaze for later. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling. Be prepared that the glaze may make your grill smoke and smell a bit, but it will be sweet.
- Just leave your grill on for a few minutes after the chicken is done to burn off any excess glaze.
- If you don’t have a bbq, try it on an indoor grill pan or use your broiler.
- Now that the chicken is finished, drizzle the reserved 2 Tbs of glaze over the finished chicken.