It is lemon season again, and my Meyer Lemon tree is exploding with luscious lemons. I absolutely love my meyer lemon tree, and all the tasty treats I can create because of it. These Lemon Brownies are certainly a hit. Get a slightly more cake-like, but totally moist and lemon-iscious brownie!
Okay, so these Lemon Brownies don’t have anything brown about them. We could go with Lemonies I suppose, but that just doesn’t feel right. Get a similar texture and size bar as brownies, but with that sweet and tart twist that we all love in lemons. Just top them with a lemon glaze and you’ll be good to go!
If you haven’t done a lot of exploring or testing with lemons, then you just might love my Lemon Bars recipe + Tips & Tricks for Lemons! Seriously my favorite Lemon Bars recipe ever!!! Don’t miss it!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1Tbs)
- zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- additional lemon zest
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix softened butter into flour mixture, until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X8 glass dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- You can double the recipe and bake in a 9X13 pan for 30 minutes.
- Frost warm brownies with glaze.
- To prepare glaze, mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest, until combined.