This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sometimes it’s all about the scrumptious side dish! True, people often look forward to the main entree when it comes to mealtime, but there are some side dishes that really know how to steal the show. Sam’s Club wants to help you Celebrate Spring by sharing some tasty recipes using Del Monte® Corn and Green Beans. Not only can you gain extra savings by purchasing your canned veggies in bulk (my favorite way to shop), but they’re giving ideas on how to turn those vegetables into crowd pleasing sides!
When I was a kid I thought casseroles had a stigma to them. They aren’t always considered classy or proper. However, if you ever go to a potluck you will notice casseroles are often the first thing to go! Casseroles are a great way to combine a variety of flavors and cook a big batch of something all at once! They are great to take friends when they are ill, or just had a baby! A casserole just says comfort! The great thing about casseroles is that they often only dirty one dish! Casseroles are the bomb! With the help of Del Monte®, you can find recipes such as a couple of versions of Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing, Mashed potatoes, and I can’t forget about the Cheddar Corn Casserole.
My kids are all lovers of corn, and who could deny corn covered in cheese? I decided to give the Cheddar Corn Casserole a whirl and it was a big hit with the kids. Don’t forget to swing by Sam’s Club to pick up your cases of Del Monte® corn and green beans! They are great to have on hand for quick and easy side dishes.
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tsp. bottled hot sauce
- 4 cans (15.25 oz. each) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 1-1/2 cups croutons or crackers, finely crushed (optional)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked ham (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cheese, flour and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk, cream cheese, 1/3 cup green onions and hot sauce in a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Add corn and shredded cheese mixture; stir well to blend evenly.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup green onions and optional toppings, as desired. Bake 5 minutes longer.