As I’ve gotten older, my palate has grown and expanded. I love so many different foods now than I did as a kid, and I enjoy the variety! I love trying ethnic foods and a recent favorite is Thai food – I can’t believe I lived my life so long without it. Among Yellow Curry, Pineapple Fried Rice and Drunken Noodles, I just can gobble up some serious Thai Peanut Noodles! I’m all about that peanut sauce! I don’t have a Thai restaurant close enough to home, so I’ve had to learn to make my own recipes, and with the help of Annie Chun’s, you can too.
Annie Chun’s is a leading producer of gourmet Pan-Asian foods, and widely known as the pioneer of delicious Soup & Noodle Bowls and Roasted Seaweed Snacks. They get convenient and appetizing! While Fall is my favorite time of year, it is also my busiest. Between sports, holidays, and school fundraisers, we aren’t home very much. Annie Chun’s has a great online store, or you can find their items in most grocery stores (or even Walmart and Target). I love that you can get the Pad Thai Noodles in brown rice too!
Something I dig about Annie Chun’s is that I can make something homemade and delicious using their rice noodles and sauces, and I can pair it with their pre-made wontons, potstickers or seaweed snacks. The combination of homemade and pre-made makes for one quick and easy, yet delicious meal! They truly do inspire consumers to become Asian home chefs. If you want to skip the homemade cooking altogether, pick up a soup or noodle bowl – you just need to heat!
What’s great about my Thai Peanut Noodles, aside from the amazing taste, is that it’s gluten-free, vegetarian (unless you want to add chicken), is free of trans fats and MSG, and made of the highest quality ingredients. I think you’ll be impressed with yourself, and the family will think they are eating out with this easy but scrumptious dish. Let the groaning and asks for seconds begin.
- 8 oz Annie Chun's Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 3/4 cup Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 Tbs chopped salted roasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1 Tbs chopped green onions, for garnish
- Cook Pad Thai noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Toss in garlic and carrots and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until carrots just start to get tender.
- Drain noodles and toss with sauce and veggies in a large serving bowl. Garnish with green onions and peanuts. Serve right away and refrigerate any leftovers.