Marshmallows just make everything better, and that’s how I feel about adding them to cereal bars. Okay, maybe it’s not marshmallows alone, but the combination of melted butter and gooey marshmallows spread over dry cereal that just makes my knees weak. I’ve decided to up my game and even add drizzles of chocolate to these cereal bars, to create Honeycomb S’mores Bars – and they’re ah-mazing!
While I try to spend quality family time together every day, it doesn’t always happen, but we try to set aside at least one night each week, which is our dedicated family night. We have a lesson on something we could work on as a family, then we play a game, and we eat a treat. We try to have treats the kids can make, and cereal bars are the perfect treat for kids to learn to bake with.
To make cooking with cereal even more fun, right now you can purchase participating Post Cereal Brands and enter the Sing Sweepstakes for a chance to win the $100,000 grand prize plus the chance to instantly win lots of prizes including movie tickets, speakers and more. While you’re there, play the Fun-Trivia game on website to find the SING character you most resemble.
Even better is you can SAVE MONEY on your Honeycomb cereal, and other Post cereals, with these hot coupons!
Be sure to attend the movie SING© in theaters starting December 21st 2016 with your family! I seriously can’t wait for this one – it looks hilarious and adorable!
- 5 Tbs butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups Honeycomb cereal
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in 6 cups of mini marshmallows, and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and promptly stir in Honeycomb cereal. Once combined, add remaining mini marshmallows and briefly stir.
- Press cereal mixture evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the top.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Drizzle over the bars.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve and enjoy!