Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
September is here, September is here! I am beyond excited to be past the summer months and to gear up for fall. The weather is already changing, with slightly cooler temps, and the leaves are already starting to fall. I’ve actually turned the oven on for a few meals, in the past week, and it didn’t heat up the whole house! Because most of us are really busy moms, I’ve got an excellent weeknight dinner that will give you real flavor, real fast. You’ll love this One Pan Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet with Veggies!
Because I am not great at prepping for meals early in the day, I love picking up Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork at Safeway. It is made with 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients, and it comes in a variety of cuts and flavors. You can get great flavors and you don’t have to worry about marinating and seasoning! It makes mealtime prep super easy, and you can count on great flavor every time. I like to cook these pork loins in a variety of ways, but I love when I only dirty a few dishes for the entire meal so one pan dinners are the best, especially when they take around 30 minutes or less to make like this one!
I’m trying really hard to get my kids to help out more around the house. I’m not always successful, but my twins have taken an interest in baking, and I’ve got to admit they’re pretty good at it. They’re always happy to whip up treats and desserts, and just last night they made my super yummy caramel corn. Now I need to get the boys more interested in making dinner and healthier options. Not only would it help mom out with her busy schedule, but having the kids learn to make dinner is an excellent life skill they’ll need.
I find that oftentimes, one pan dinners are a great place to start when teaching the kids how to make dinner. They’re usually really simple and have few ingredients – that’s definitely the case with this One Pan Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet with Veggies. Plus, when it’s a dinner the kids love, they seem to be more willing to help out in the making of said dinner. At first, I supervise to make sure the kids don’t burn down the kitchen, but after a couple of attempts, they’re usually good to go on their own.
For a nice mild dinner the entire family will love, use the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet in this recipe. Any of the pork loins by Smithfield would do – just alter the seasoning of the veggies, accordingly. My kiddos all loved this dinner, and I’ve asked if they would attempt making it next time, and they said they’re willing. Once you see how easy this recipe is to make, you just might have your kids making it in no time too!
We all love a quick and easy dinner, and Smithfield wants to help. Smithfield is challenging you to submit your tip on how you get dinner ready in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork. By participating, you can be entered to win the grand prize! For more 30-minute meal preparation ideas, and to submit your original recipe for a chance to win great prizes, head to SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com.
- Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. While oven is preheating, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a cast-iron skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Sear pork loin in hot oil, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Turn off heat and add veggies.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of oil over veggies and season with garlic salt and parsley. Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 150°.
- Remove pork from skillet and cover with foil. Turn oven temperature up to 425°.
- Return pan to oven and continue cooking until potatoes are soft and carrots are tender-crisp, about 10-15 minutes longer.
- Slice pork and top cooked veggies, and serve while hot. Refrigerate any leftovers.