This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! as part of an Ambassador Program and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I have been loving sweet potatoes lately, and have been coming up with all different ways to incorporate them into my meals. I love all the great nutrients you get from sweet potatoes, and the bright color is so pleasing to the eye too. Pair sweet potato with ground turkey and you’ve got a pretty solid combination of flavors and nutrients! My Sweet Potato and Turkey Meatballs are nice and hearty enough to make for an excellent dinner, or stick a toothpick in them and serve them as a holiday appetizer!
The colors and flavors are so great in these meatballs, and then you can dip them in Heluva Good! Dip in Buttermilk Ranch and you’ve got an added layer of color and flavor! I love hosting and attending gatherings throughout the holidays, and food is a great way to bring us all together.
My friends and family often do potlucks, which means there is a wide variety of yummy dishes to try. These Sweet Potato and Turkey Meatballs are the perfect potluck dish because you can grab a meatball and leave room for all the other dishes to try. If your friends and family are anything like mine, everyone will likely come back for a second and third meatball.
I asked my oldest to try out the meatballs before I photographed them, and he scarfed it down and quickly asked for a second. That’s a huge compliment for me! My twins say they remind them of meatloaf and they’re totally right. Get the yumminess of meatloaf, plus fantastic nutrients from the turkey and sweet potato, in bite-sized goodness.
If your family gathers hours before the Thanksgiving meal, these meatballs would be a perfect midday snack without filling anyone up too much. I love the orange from the sweet potatoes, the green from the parsley and the white from the Heluva Good! Buttermilk Ranch Dip. They really make for a beautiful and scrumptious dish. If you’re feeling adventurous you can switch up the dip and pair with the Heluva Good! Bacon Horseradish Dip. Either way you dip them, they’re delish!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (peeled, boiled and mashed)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- 2 Tbs dehydrated parsley, or 1/4 cup fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- Preheat oil in a medium-sized frying pan.
- While oil is heating, combine all other ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Form 1 1/2-inch meatballs and fry in oil, about 1 minute per side. Continue turning until all sides are lightly browned and turkey is cooked - approximately 7 minutes per meatball.
- Serve hot with Heluva Good! Dip!
- I cook about 7 meatballs at a time, so you can give them enough turning attention.