I have a super easy and tasty recipe for you to make some DELICIOUS tacos!! It didn’t hurt that I had some fresh avocados that one of my dad’s patients brought into his office – Mmmmm! This recipe can just be thrown into the Crock Pot, then I have a fun way to turn your flour tortillas into a semi-crispy taco shell. I have to also tell you that my kids, who can be somewhat picky, asked if we could have this again the next night! I also think that Mexican food serves well with a type of Lemon dessert, which is why I made the Lemon Brownies to go with.
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
4-6 Chicken Breasts (can add more or less) – If you want to use frozen, just cook on high for longer. Mine were partially thawed.
10 oz Green Enchilada Sauce – I use Las Palmas
1 small can of diced Green Chiles
1 Tbs dehydrated onion
1 tsp Cumin
Fixings for your tacos
1. Put everything into your Slow Cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours – Longer if chicken is completely frozen.
2. When chicken is fully cooked, shred with two forks and turn heat down to warm.
3. While Meat is being warmed, heat your oven to 375°.
4. Place tortillas over one or two bars of your oven rack – so that you shape an upside-down taco. If you have bigger tortillas, I would recommend folding the tortilla over two bars for a wide mouth taco. Let bake and crisp up for about 5 minutes, then remove with tongs. Cooking time may vary depending on how crispy you want these. I just wanted them warm enough to hold their shape.
5. Fill your taco shells with meat and fixings, and enjoy!