Today’s recipe, which was made and prepared by my mom yesterday, happens to be a Crock Pot recipe. I know many of you are always hunting for good slow cooker recipes, and this makes for an excellent side dish. Prepare it and leave it, with minimal work when you’re ready for dinner. This Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes recipe was adapted by Moms With CrockPots. My mom was sweet enough to save me a little of their leftovers of the Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes, and YUM! My oldest son really enjoyed these slow cooked mashed potatoes as well. I actually tasted the potatoes before they were mashed and completed, and thought they were great, if you want to stop at that step. And of course; it pairs lovely with a steak. Mmm!
|Crock Pot Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes||
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach – We used fresh and it was tasty, but perhaps not as moist when it came to the mashed potatoes. Completely fine if you decide not to mash.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth (or veggie broth)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 cup shredded cheese – we used Fontina and parmesan, but you can use cheddar
- In a large Crock Pot (or slow cooker), place potatoes and cover them with 1/2 cup of broth, spinach (undrained), butter, onion, dill, and salt.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- You can stop at this step if you’d like, for more of a chunky and delicious potato recipe. Or continue for mashed potatoes –
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl or right in the crockpot.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish and Top with cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly; about 5 minutes.
- Sausage and Pasta in a Browned Butter Sauce (cleverhousewife.com)