Caramel Rocky Road Brownies
Part 2 of Brownie Sunday is here! To refresh your memory, I polled my facebook readers to see if I should make Cream Cheese Brownies or Rocky Road Brownies, and the consensus was to make both. I decided to listen and try both, and I’m glad I did. I still haven’t decided which one was my favorite, but I am leaning toward the Caramel Rocky Road Brownies. I already posted about the Cream Cheese Brownies, which were amazing. This Caramel Rocky Road Brownies recipe was a bit of an invention, but I think they turned out great! They are a bit gooey and messy, and a fork is suggested to eat them, but that doesn’t bother me one bit. I thought they would be difficult to get out of the pan, but they weren’t at all. All of the toppings and things kept the brownies so moist over night too!
I’d love to hear which of the two brownies look tastier to you!
- Brownie Mix to make a 9x13 pan, or thick 8x8 pan
- jar of caramel sauce
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- chocolate frosting - I don't typically condone cheating with store-bought frosting, but this recipe is an exception. I cheated and used the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chocolate Chip Frosting in the can (since there were so many other ingredients, the store-bought stuff actually works just fine)
- chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Prepare brownie batter per the instructions on package. You can also make homemade brownies if you have a favorite recipe. Pour into greased 8x8 pan.
- Drizzle about half a jar of caramel sauce over the brownie batter. Be careful not to get too close to the edges, to help prevent sticking and hardening.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the brownie batter and caramel, creating a marbled effect.
- Bake brownies for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Spread marshmallow creme over brownies, evenly.
- Spread chocolate frosting over marshmallow creme, evenly.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the marshmallow creme and chocolate frosting. Be careful not to dig too deep with your knife, so you don't ruin the brownies.
- Top brownies with chopped pecans, and serve!
- *HOT* Milky Way Candy Bar Coupon: 2 Free at CVS (cleverhousewife.com)