I was in charge of tonight’s dessert, for dinner at my parent’s house, and I wanted to do something easy. Because we have church in the afternoon, I thought it would be most convenient if I made dessert in the crock pot. I searched Pinterest and found this Crock-Pot Cheesecake recipe, inspired by Crock Pot Ladies. I changed it up a bit by using a different crust, and using low fat cream cheese, and it was fabulous! If you enjoy cheesecake, but not all of the hassle, then give it a try in the slow cooker – you may be surprised! Easy AND tasty!
- 3 8 oz packages of 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups animal crackers, pulverized into crumbs (graham crackers will work too, but this is what I had on hand)
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- jam (optional)
- Find a bowl that fill fit inside your slow cooker, but will leave enough room for you to lift it out when finished cooking. A bowl with a lip is preferable.
- In a medium size bowl, mix animal cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of your bowl – the one that you will do the cooking in, inside the slow cooker.
- In a separate bool, Mix sugar and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix after after each addition.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the graham crackers.
- Place cheesecake dish in your slow cooker and carefully pour water around the pan. I used a cup and slowly added water, about 2/3 of the way up the cheesecake dish. Just be careful not to get water in your cheesecake.
- Put the lid on the Crock Pot and cook on high for 3-3.5 hours, or until the center is not watery when a butter knife is inserted into the middle.
- If your dish is difficult to remove from the slow cooker, without getting water in it, then try using a syringe to get some of the water out of the slow cooker, before removing.
- Allow cheesecake to cool on the counter for about 15 minutes, then refrigerate for at least an hour, before serving.
- Serve with jam, if desired.
- Parmesan and Herb Bread (cleverhousewife.com)
- Caramel Rocky Road Brownies (cleverhousewife.com)
- Recipe: Coffee-Rubbed Spiced Grilled Chicken & Fresh Fruit-Basil Salsa (miscfinds4u.com)