Low Calorie Chicken Salad
I LOVE Chicken Salad, and think it is such an easy thing to fix for lunch, that is super tasty. Unfortunately, because of all of the mayonnaise in chicken salad, I don’t have it very often. This is quite disappointing for me too, because I have a heck of a time coming up with ideas (at home) for lunch, that will satisfy me. I came up with an easy fix, that gives us a Low Calorie Chicken Salad that we can feel good about, without altering the taste! For starters, serve your chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, instead of bread or my favorite – a croissant! This recipe is for one, but you can easily double, triple, etc. The Low Calorie Chicken Salad recipe is below. If you are in need of more salad recipes, be sure to visit my Salad recipe page!
|Low Calorie Chicken Salad||
- 4 oz shredded chicken breast, cooked (I use the canned chicken for a quick lunch)
- 1 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs fat free sour cream
- 1 Tbs slivered almonds
- 1/4 grapes, sliced in half
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or in a small whole wheat pita.