Rice Krispie Ice Cream bars
Saturday night seemed like a good night to make a fun treat for the kids, so I started digging through my cupboards. I discovered a large bag of marshmallows, which had been opened by a little critter of course, and a big box of Rice Krispies. It had been a very long time since I had made Rice Krispie Treats, so I had an idea. I didn’t want to make any ordinary Rice Krispie treats, so I did some more digging. I got the idea of these adorable Rice Krispie Ice Cream Bars from Red Couch Recipes. I knew I had a variety of chocolate chips in my freezer, and I came across an open bag of white chocolate chips, which I thought sounded perfect for my ice cream bars. I think these Rice Krispie Ice Cream Bars would make for a very fun themed party treat!
|Rice Krispie Ice Cream Bars||
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- Popsicle sticks
- Chocolate chips or melting chocolate
- Sprinkles (if desired)
- Measure the Rice Krispies into a bowl, and have it ready for when it is needed.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Once butter is melted, added marshmallows, and stir until completely melted.
- If your pot is big enough, add measured Rice Krispies to the pot of marshmallow mixture and stir. If the pot is not big enough, then add the marshmallow mixture to the bowl of Rice Krispies.
- Spread Rice Krispies into a buttered Jelly Roll Pan.
- Cut out medium size rectangles, or ice cream shapes, from Rice Krispies. Once shapes are cut, use your hands to help form a good ice cream bar shape.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the bottom of ice cream bars.
- Melt chocolate (whichever variety you choose) and spread onto one side of the ice cream bar. When partially cooled, sprinkle with sprinkles – if desired. Turn and repeat on all sides.
I recommend covering only one side of each ice cream bar, with chocolate, at a time. Wait for it to cool before completing other sides. This will help it to set and not get flimsy with the weight of the warm chocolate.