Gourmet Banana Bread
Needing to use up those bananas on the counter? You can’t go wrong with this Gourmet Banana Bread as it’s some of the best banana bread I have had. So moist and delicious. I just made a couple of loaves today, to deliver to some ladies from church because homemade bread is an awesome gift. Of course I made a small loaf for my family to enjoy while still warm because I gotta treat my favorite people!
I love homemade bread best warm with melted butter on top. YUM! I can never get enough of it and could just sit and eat and eat homemade bread. This bread is really great anytime of year, so bookmark it, pin it, print it and share it!
I’ve had my bread pans for years, but if yours are old and rusted or you don’t have any, this 2-pack of bread pans on Amazon are fabulous! They’re non-stick, sturdy and under $7 per pan!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 7 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine.
- Mix in mashed bananas and vanilla. Stir in nuts at this point, if adding them.
- Pour batter into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans. This recipe makes large loaves, or several small loaves.
- Bake on center rack for 60-70 minutes.Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out of pans onto rack, and cool before slicing.