It has been a long time since I have shared my Butternut Squash Soup recipe so I thought I would post it again for you all. Plus, I have a new feature which makes printing my recipes easier. If you still have some chilly days in your forecast, this Butternut Squash Soup would warm you right up. I believe some people even like eating Squash soup cold. I don’t believe I am one of those people though.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (or dry basil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 2 medium butternut squash,peeled, seeded & cubed
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Add oil, garlic and onion to large pot over medium heat.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add basil, salt, pepper and combine.
- Add broth and squash and Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until squash is tender).
- Remove half of the soup to puree in a food processor or blender and return to pot, (You can puree all of it if you don't want any chunks).
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
- Serve with warm breadsticks or rolls.