Cheesy Confetti Rice Recipe
The other day I made some deliciously tender Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Gravy, so my mom decided to concoct a Cheesy Confetti Rice recipe, that was a big hit. Finding tasty rice recipes are kind of tricky I think, so I’m glad to have a new one that we enjoy! I think the rice was a nice colorful addition to the meal. I think this rice recipe is a great way to sneak veggies in, if you have picky eaters!!
|Cheesy Confetti Rice Recipe||
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 medium zucchini, grated or finely diced
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- (you may also add some finely chopped celery, or other fresh garden veggies.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook rice for about 20 min, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, sauté onion and red pepper in the 2 Tbs butter, until tender.
- Stir in the zucchini cook until zucchini is heated through.
- When rice is all cooked, gently stir in the sautéed vegetables until all are incorporated.
- Fold in the cheese, and season with salt and pepper.