It has been a few days since I have posted a new recipe, but not to fear because I have several in the works. This recipe (which my mom made) for Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken is so yummy, and tender! Hot Summer days call for a good slow cooked meal, and this one should not disappoint. It can’t get any easier than dumping a bunch of ingredients in a slow cooker, and turning it on! This particular recipe was adapted from Stick A Fork In It. We served this dish with the Olive and Hint of Jalapeno Creamed Corn, that I shared recently.
|Crock-Pot Barbecue Chicken||
- 4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can use frozen)
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is the recommended sauce)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients, aside from the chicken, in a bowl.
- Place chicken in the Crock-Pot and cover with the sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.